When you take out an AXA Health Personal Health plan, you can tailor your options and and choose how much cover you need. Compare all these cover options in detail below and decide what level of cover you would like.
Our Personal Health plan is designed to cover you for new conditions that develop after you join.
Included in your Personal Health Core cover is:
• Cancer cover and care during the active treatment of cancer. You'll have quick access to specialist-referred radiotherapy and chemotherapy when you’ve been diagnosed with cancer. (Subject to medical history. Cancer drugs must be used within the terms of their licence, and drugs that can be prescribed by your GP are not covered.)
• MRI, CT & PET scans paid in full when at a hospital within our directory.
• Video or telephone consultations with our online 24/7 GP service (Subject to availability).
• 24/7 health support phone line with nurses and counsellors available to answer your questions.
• If you need to see a specialist, we can find you the right one and even book the appointment for you at a time and place convenient to you when you include an Outpatient Option with your plan.
• Inpatient and day-patient cover - includes specialist fees, outpatient surgery, operating theatre charges, accommodation, and nursing care paid in full
Our Full Outpatient Option gives you no yearly limit for specialist consultations, diagnostic tests on recognised specialist referral and practitioner charges. Practitioners are dieticians, nurses, orthoptists, speech therapists and audiologists.
Our standard Outpatient Option gives you up to three specialist consultations a year with no yearly limit on diagnostic tests and practitioner charges when you're referred by a recognised specialist.
Practitioners are dieticians, nurses, orthoptists speech therapists and audiologists.
If you choose No Outpatient Option, your core cover will only provide for outpatient surgery, CT, MRI and PET scans.
Our Mental Health Option gives you extra reassurance that you’ll be covered for mental health issues which arise after you join (subject to medical history) as an outpatient or if you’re in hospital. Our mental health cover includes:
• Cover for outpatient specialist consultations including practitioner fees, for example, psychologists and cognitive behavioural therapist charges when referred by a specialist (no yearly limit)
• Cover for inpatient and day-patient treatment paid in full
Our Therapies Option covers physiotherapy, osteopathy, acupuncture and chiropractic treatment, to help with a wide range of medical conditions.
Our Therapies Option gives you:
• No yearly limit on charges for outpatient treatment from recognised physiotherapists, osteopaths, acupuncturists and chiropractors – up to an overall maximum of 10 sessions a year for GP-referred treatment. Further sessions (as long as we agree them first) when referred by a specialist
• Get up to 10 sessions a year when your GP refers you, or when you have physiotherapist or osteopathy treatment through our Working Body team
We pay physiotherapists, osteopaths and chiropractors in full if we recognise them (all therapists used by our team will be recognised by us). If you choose to use a therapist that we do not recognise, we will not pay for your treatment.
Our Travel Option provides European or Worldwide Travel Cover for emergency medical expenses abroad. It also includes cover for lost baggage, delays and lost passports, as well as personal accident cover and cover for on-piste skiing. Worldwide Travel Cover includes emergency dental treatment and business travel. Some benefits are subject to a £50 excess (please check your handbook if you select a Travel Option). For details of what is and isn’t covered, please click on the options below or call us on 0800 111 4004. Travel cover is offered on a fit to travel basis. If you have any doubts about whether you’re fit to travel, you must consult your doctor in the week before you travel.
Our Travel policies include exclusions for terminal illnesses (by terminal illness we mean a life expectancy of less than a year at the start of the trip). However, if you need cover for these exclusions, details of providers that may cover these conditions can be found in the MaPS Travel Directory or by calling 0800 138 7777. This provides information and helps find specialist insurers that provide affordable insurance for consumers with pre‑existing medical conditions.
Our European Cover option provides £2,000,000 medical and additional expenses cover and £15,000 personal accident cover whilst travelling abroad in Europe. You can spend up to 65 days overseas in the insured period with a maximum of 25 days overseas for each overseas journey. This cover also includes up to 17 days away in a winter sports resort in the insured period. We don’t cover claims connected to adventurous sports (for example; bungee jumping, paragliding and any winter sports activity carried out off piste), for business travel, if you travel against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office or if you travel against medical advice.
If you choose the adventure sports upgrade with your European travel cover option, you’ll be covered for some of the more adventurous activities you might choose to take part in when away; such as bungee jumping, paragliding and any winter sports activity carried out off piste.
Worldwide travel cover provides £5,000,000 medical and additional expenses cover and £30,000 personal accident cover whilst travelling worldwide for business or pleasure. You can spend up to 180 days overseas during the insured period with a maximum of 65 days overseas for each overseas journey. This cover includes up to 17 days spent away in a winter sports resort in the insured period. We don’t cover claims connected to adventurous sports (for example; bungee jumping, paragliding and any winter sports activity carried out off piste), if you travel against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office or if you travel against medical advice.
If you choose the adventure sports upgrade with your Worldwide travel cover option, you’ll be covered for some of the more adventurous activities you might choose to take part in when away; such as bungee jumping, paragliding and any winter sports activity carried out off piste.
We’re proud that our Personal Health plan has been rated 5 stars by independent financial information business, Defaqto.
The Defaqto 5-star rating is based on an assessment of the overall product including all options. If some of the options are not selected, this will affect the product’s star rating.
Find out about our AXA Doctor at Hand service powered by Doctor Care Anywhere.
Find out about how you can talk on the phone with a physiotherapist.