This is a great dish to eat hot or cold as part of a summer picnic!
This quiche actually provides us with two of our five a day per serving, thanks to the range of different vegetables in this recipe. The cherry tomatoes help to provide us with vitamin C which (per serving) gives us over 10% of our daily vitamin C requirements.
Vitamin C - helps to protect our cells, maintain healthy skin, blood vessels and bones. Vitamin C also helps our bodies absorb iron which can be found in spinach, making cherry tomatoes and spinach an excellent pairing!
Discover more recipes:
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 courgette, halved and sliced
- 1 pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 100g spinach
- Handful of chives, finely chopped
- 100g of 50% reduced fat cheddar, grated
Preheat the oven to 180C and place a tablespoon of olive oil into a frying pan and fry the onion, courgette and pepper until softened.
In a bowl whisk the eggs and stir in the cooked vegetable mix with spinach, half the chives and half the cheese.
Use a tablespoon of olive oil to crease an 8-inch ovenproof/non-stick pan and pour in the mixture. Top with the cherry tomatoes and scatter over the remaining chives and grated cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until just set and golden. Serve hot or wait to cool, then place in the fridge for the next day.
- Can be served hot or cold and great to have as part of your lunch or a picnic.
- Why not add in your favourite quiche extras? If you don't want a vegetarian quiche you could add ham.