This is a great lunch recipe that can be used as a ready-made packed lunch for a picnic or at work.
Chickpeas are a great source of fibre and protein, but also B vitamins. We need 30g of fibre each day in the UK - this helps to keep us regular and contributes to our overall gut health. Having a healthy gut can help with reducing cholesterol levels.
B vitamins are extremely important in helping our bodies use the energy from the food we eat. This means if we aren't getting enough B vitamins it can leave us feeling tired. They are also used in creating our red blood cells that carry the oxygen around our bodies.
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 5 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 50g raisins or sultanas
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed.
Place the drained chickpeas in a bowl and roughly mash, leaving some whole.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except for half the coriander and lettuce leaves, and mix well.
Keep chilled in the fridge until use. When ready to serve, fill each lettuce cup with a quarter of the chickpea mix and sprinkle over the rest of the coriander.
- This mixture also makes a fantastic sandwich filler or toast topper.
- Not a fan of sultanas or raisins? Then just leave them out - or replace with olives.
- Swap the Greek yogurt for a dairy free alternative to make this recipe vegan!