Minor illnesses such as the flu are the top cause of short-term sickness absence amongst businesses in the UK.1 Flu can affect people of all ages regardless of general health and fitness. It can spread rapidly through coughing, sneezing and contact with infected surfaces. So, alongside good hygiene practices, vaccination is a simple and effective way of helping to safeguard your employees against the flu each winter and keeping your business fit and well too.
¹Health And Wellbeing At Work 2021 report, CIPD, April 2021
Due to lockdown and social distancing cases of flu remained low last year. This will be the first winter where we will have seasonal flu and COVID co-circulating. Our flu vaccination programme has been designed to support your teams whether they are working on site or at home. And it’s safe to have the flu vaccine in addition to the COVID-19 vaccine.
A trained nurse will visit your workplace to carry out vaccinations onsite, providing a hassle-free experience for your employees with limited disruption to your business.
Offer your employees a flexible e-voucher which they can exchange for a flu vaccination carried out by a trained pharmacist or nurse at over 1,500 Boots Pharmacy outlets across the UK and Channel Islands.
1. Onsite vaccinations are only available for UK mainland.
2. You will need to have a private room available onsite, with a chair, desk, sink and fridge or cool box.
3. Employees with certain health conditions may not be able to receive the vaccination.
4. All nurses administering the vaccinations are trained in accordance with national standards for immunisation by healthcare practitioners.
5. Appointments are normally scheduled every 15 minutes.
1. This service is provided by our preferred third-party provider, Boots Pharmacy.
2. A minimum order of 10 vouchers applies. Once ordered, vouchers are non‑transferable and non‑refundable.
3. Your employees will be given access to a booking portal where their details will be managed by our preferred third-party provider.
4. E-vouchers are valid until the end of the flu season (31 January 2022)
All nurses administering vaccinations onsite are trained in accordance with national standards for immunisation by healthcare practitioners, ensuring quality of care and standards of treatment.
We and our partners are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our customers, their employees and our clinicians. For onsite appointments we’ll work with you to make sure necessary safety measures are in place.