These terms and conditions apply to your use of the AXA Doctor at Hand subscription and additional prescription charge offer (the “Offer”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them. By registering forAXA Doctor at Hand using the link provided, you will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
You will be deemed to have read and accepted the AXA Doctor at Hand T&Cs, by registering for AXA Doctor at Hand.
AXA PPP healthcare Group Limited (“AXA PPP”) is the promoter for the sake of this promotion.
AXA Doctor at Hand Service
1. AXA Doctor at Hand is the brand name for an online video and telephone medical consultation, information, prescription and referral service.
2. AXA Doctor at Hand is powered by Doctor Care Anywhere Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 08614024 and whose registered address is Doctor Care Anywhere, 13-15 Bouverie Street, Second Floor, London, EC4Y 8DP
1. The “AXA PPP Group” for this purpose is AXA PPP healthcare Group Ltd (“AXA PPP”), its holding company and all subsidiaries of its holding company including (but not limited to) AXA PPP healthcare Limited, AXA ICAS Limited, AXA ICAS Occupational Health Services Limited, Health on Line Company UK Limited and AXA PPP healthcare Administration Services Limited. AXA Health is a trading name of AXA PPP healthcare Limited, AXA ICAS Limited, AXA ICAS Occupational Health Services Limited, Health-on-Line Company UK Limited and AXA PPP healthcare Administration Services Limited.
3. DCA delivers Doctor@Hand via AXA PPP Group pages within the www.doctorcareanywhere.com domain, the DCA app and via AXA PPP Group websites and apps, together a tele-healthcare cloud-based platform (the “Platform”).
4. Doctor@Hand is in no way designed to replace the services of your in-person NHS or private General Practitioner (“GP”) or a hospital or to provide any emergency services or care for acute medical conditions.
5. No AXA PPP Group company will be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection with Doctor@Hand except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including fraud or for the death or personal injury caused by that AXA PPP Group company’s negligence).
6. Your use of Doctor@Hand will not affect any of the standard terms and conditions that apply to any agreement you may have with any member of the AXA PPP Group.
Additional Prescription Charge
7. Subject to these terms and conditions, AXA PPP shall reimburse your and/or any eligible Family Member(s)’s Additional Prescription Charge(s) (as defined below) where:
(a) you and/or any Family Member(s) are issued with a prescription during an appointment through the Doctor@Hand service available under this Offer;
(b) the prescription charge is incurred between 15 April 2020 and 31 March 2021; and
(c) the delivery of the prescription is arranged via the Doctor@Hand service.
8. The Additional Prescription Charge is the cost of an item prescribed as set out above and the associated delivery charge incurred by you/family member(s) in excess of £9.15 – for example, if you are prescribed an item of medication for £20 and the delivery charge is £5 AXA PPP shall reimburse you with a sum of £15.85.
9. Where multiple items are prescribed under a single prescription, the Additional Prescription Charge is calculated in respect of each item under the prescription – for example, if you are prescribed one item of medication for £20 and another item of medication for £30 and the delivery charge is £5 AXA PPP shall reimburse you with the sum of £36.70.
How to Redeem this Offer
10. This Offer may be redeemed by any individual who (i) is named on a membership certificate (“Lead Member”) issued under either a SME group insurance contract or a personal insurance contract by an AXA PPP Group company from and including 15 April 2019 to 14 April 2021 (“Plan”), and (iii) who meets the criteria listed in these terms and conditions (”you”, “your”). This Offer gives you and every eligible Family Member (as defined in your membership handbook, where that Family Member is eligible based on the terms set out below) on your Plan:
(a) access to unlimited Doctor@Hand appointments for the remainder of your current Plan year and for the duration of you next Plan year if it renews before April 14th 2021; and
(b) the right to claim any Additional Prescription Charges that are incurred between 15 April 2020 and 31 March 2020.
11. Entitlement to unlimited appointments and to reclaim any Additional Prescription Charge is only available whilst the Plan is in effect. If you lapse your Plan your entitlement to Doctor@Hand and to reclaim any Additional Prescription Charge will also be removed.
12. In order to redeem this Offer you will need to enter your membership number at the Doctor@Hand sign up page: https://member.doctorcareanywhere.com/SignUp/axa
13. To activate your account you will need to:
a) visit the Doctor@Hand sign up page
b) enter your details as requested and those of any other named individuals on your Plan who wish to have access to the Doctor@Hand service;
c) enter details exactly as they appear on your insurance documentation (e.g. no shortening of names, the same postal and email address that are registered to your Plan, and only those people who are also named on your Plan and not anyone other than those named).
14. You may sign up and use the Doctor@Hand service at any point up to and including the last day of your current Plan Year, being the 12-month period starting on your Plan’s start date or last renewal date.
15. To claim reimbursement of any Additional Prescription Charge, you or the relevant eligible Family Member will need to:
a) Log into your or the relevant eligible Family Member’s Doctor@Hand account;
b) download a copy of the cost receipt for your prescription and delivery charges; and
c) submit a copy of the relevant receipts as you would any other claim under your Plan as per your handbook. This will not be treated as a claim against your policy and in no way impacts any benefits, excess, no claims discount you may have and will not be taken into consideration for any pricing for subsequent renewal contracts.
16. In order to use Doctor@Hand you and each Family Member must be (i) an independent adult over the age of 18 (although Doctor@Hand may be used by adults to discuss healthcare concerns regarding their children under the age of 18) and (ii) a UK resident (as defined in the Doctor@Hand T&Cs) of any nationality whose permanent place of residence is the United Kingdom.
17. Subject to clause 17, this Offer entitles you, and each Family Member (i) covered under your Plan at the start date or last renewal date of that Plan or any Family Member who is added to the cover at a date later than the start of the Plan, and (iii) who meets the criteria listed in these terms and conditions, to an annual subscription, at no extra cost, to use Doctor@Hand and to the reimbursement of any Additional Prescription Charges (“Subscription”).
18. Doctor@Hand may not be used by UK residents who are not also UK nationals, on return to their country of nationality.
19. Should you remove a Family Member from the cover under the Plan during the relevant Plan year, the removed Family Member will no longer be entitled to the Subscription.
20. The Subscription will end on the end date of your Plan. Any appointments must be booked by the end date of your Plan. The appointment itself or any delivery of a prescription may take place after expiry of the Subscription.
21. The fact that your Subscription is live will be shown once you have registered for Doctor@Hand. Should you lapse your Plan then your entitlement to the Doctor@Hand service and for reimbursement of any Additional Prescription Charges will be removed and you will be moved to a pay as you go account.
22. You will be entitled to an unlimited number of appointments during the Subscription (subject to DCA’s fair use policy contained in the full Doctor@Hand T&Cs).
23. Each appointment may be cancelled in accordance with the full Doctor@Hand T&Cs. You will not receive a refund on cancellation.
24. AXA PPP will only reimburse evidenced prescription and/or delivery charges incurred in excess of £9.15 regardless of any discount or exemption that you or the relevant eligible Family Member may be entitled to from your national public healthcare provider.
25. Any amount paid by AXA PPP to you or an eligible Family Member as reimbursement of an Additional Prescription Charge will not affect any excess amounts or No Claims Discount that you may have under your Plan.
26. The delivery of any prescription must be arranged through the Doctor@Hand service available as part of the Subscription to be eligible for reimbursement as an Additional Prescription Charge.
27. The reimbursement of an Additional Prescription Charge will be made by way of cheque and any such cheque will be posted to the address listed under your Plan as the residential address of the relevant individual making the claim.
General Terms and Conditions
28. AXA PPP reserves the right to withdraw or alter the Offer without prior notice at any time, however, this will not affect any Offers which have already been used to register for a subscription, at no extra cost, at the time of the change.
29. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you and AXA PPP hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
31. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is DCA.
32. If you register to use Doctor@Hand, DCA will disclose some information to the AXA PPP Group as set out below.
33. To allow AXA PPP Group companies to check you are happy with Doctor@Hand, to validate your eligibility, to validate any Additional Prescription Charges, allow for direct settlement of appointment charges between AXA and DCA, to ensure your data is kept up to date and accurate, for analytical purposes and to assist AXA PPP Group companies in improving their products, processes and services, DCA may share with AXA PPP Group companies:
(a) the fact you have registered and/or subscribed to use Doctor@Hand; and
(b) the fact that you have incurred an appointment charge; and
34. DCA will not share with any company within the AXA PPP Group any information shared with the DCA doctor during the appointment unless, where appropriate, you explicitly consent to DCA or the DCA doctor sharing this information in order to facilitate an application for benefit with a member of the AXA PPP Group where further medical information may be required to confirm your eligibility for benefit or for the reimbursement of any Additional Prescription Charges.
35. The information referred to in clause 33 will not be used by any company within the AXA PPP Group to adversely impact your current or future insurance underwriting, premium or cover eligibility.
36. If you have previously given your consent for your information to be used for marketing purposes by members of the AXA Group, AXA PPP may use information shared with it by DCA for marketing purposes. If you change your mind, you can tell AXA PPP not to use your information for marketing purposes by following any unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting AXA PPP.
37. DCA will make audio and video recordings of your appointment for clinical governance purposes which will be treated as confidential and will be held strictly in accordance with, and as long as required, under UK regulatory codes of practice on records management. These recordings will not be made available to any other party including any AXA PPP Group company without your consent.
38. Whilst DCA may strongly encourage you to inform your GP of any health concerns you may have discussed with DCA, DCA will not share information with your GP unless DCA has your express permission or there is an overriding public interest in disclosing the information without your consent. This is in accordance with the General Medical Council's guidance which may from time-to-time change.
39. DCA may share aggregated anonymised data with third parties, including the AXA PPP Group, in order to monitor Doctor@Hand and ensure a consistent quality and safety of Doctor@Hand to patients.
40. DCA may use and may share with the AXA PPP Group anonymised comments, feedback and testimonials left on the Platform or in-patient surveys for marketing and service monitoring purposes.