Terms and Conditions for the Doctor@Hand Free Subscription Offer
These terms and conditions apply to your use of this Doctor@Hand free subscription offer (the “Offer”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them. By registering for Doctor@Hand using the link in your Doctor@Hand registration email, you will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
In addition to these terms and conditions, to use the Offer you will be asked, as part of:
You will be deemed to have read and accepted the:
- ActivePlus T&Cs by redeeming your voucher code; an
- Doctor@Hand T&Cs, by registering for Doctor@Hand.
AXA PPP Healthcare Group Limited (“AXA PPP healthcare”) is the promoter for the sake of this promotion.
- Doctor@Hand is the brand name for an online video and telephone medical consultation, information, prescription and referral service.
- Doctor@Hand is delivered by Doctor Care Anywhere Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08614024 and whose registered address is at Doctor Care Anywhere, Third Floor, 91-93 Farringdon Road, London, EC1M 3LN (“DCA”) on behalf of companies within the AXA PPP Group.
- The “AXA PPP Group” for this purpose is AXA PPP healthcare, its holding company and all subsidiaries of its holding company including (but not limited to) AXA PPP healthcare Limited, AXA ICAS Limited, AXA ICAS Occupational Health Services Limited, Health on Line Company UK Limited and AXA PPP healthcare Administration Services Limited.
- DCA delivers Doctor@Hand via AXA PPP Group pages within the www.doctorcareanywhere.com domain, the DCA app and via AXA PPP group websites and apps, together a tele-healthcare cloud-based platform (the “Platform”).
- Doctor@Hand is in no way designed to replace the services of your in-person NHS or private General Practitioner (“GP”) or a hospital or to provide any emergency services or care for acute medical conditions.
- No AXA PPP Group company will be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection with Doctor@Hand except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including fraud or for the death or personal injury caused by that AXA PPP Group company’s negligence).
- 7. Your use of Doctor@Hand will not affect any of the standard terms and conditions that apply to any agreement you may have with any member of the AXA PPP Group.
How to Redeem this Offer
- This Offer may be redeemed by any individual who (i) is named on a membership certificate (“Lead Member”) issued under an SME group insurance contract by an AXA PPP Group company from and including 15 April 2019 to 31 December 2019 (“Plan”), and (iii) who meets the criteria listed in these terms and conditions (”you”, “your”).
- In order to redeem this Offer you will first need to and obtain an annual subscription voucher code for Doctor@Hand via the ActivePlus website (“ActivePlus”).
- To redeem this voucher code you will need to:
a) visit the Doctor@Hand subscription page on ActivePlus;
b) select the correct number of people (being yourself as Lead Member and any Family Members (as defined in your membership handbook)) that are covered under your Plan;
c) add one annual subscription product to your basket; and
d) at check out, enter your full membership number followed by “GP” (e.g. 1234567XGP) into the promotion code box. This will reduce the price to £0.
- Once you have successfully checked out on ActivePlus, you will receive an email with an activation code, a link to the Doctor@Hand activation page which can be found here: www.member.doctorcareanywhere.com/SignUp/VerifyActivationCode along with instructions on how to redeem this code against a Doctor@Hand Subscription (as defined below), add eligible dependants and start using the service (“Welcome Email”).
- You may redeem your Offer by registering for Doctor@Hand at any point up to and including the last day of your current Plan Year, being the 12-month period starting on your Plan’s start date or last renewal date.
- This Offer entitles you, and each Family Member (i) covered under your Plan at the start date or last renewal date of that Plan, and (iii) who meets the criteria listed in these terms and conditions, to a free annual subscription to use Doctor@Hand (“Subscription”).
- The Offer may not be used by any Family Member who is added to the cover at a date later than the start of the group insurance contract.
- In order to use Doctor@Hand you and each Family Member must be (i) an independent adult over the age of 18 (although Doctor@Hand may be used by adults to discuss healthcare concerns regarding their children under the age of 18) and (ii) a UK resident (as defined in the Doctor@Hand T&Cs) of any nationality whose permanent place of residence is the United Kingdom.
- Doctor@Hand may not be used by UK residents who are not also UK nationals, on return to their country of nationality.
- The Subscription will begin on the date you register for Doctor@Hand. Any appointments must be booked within this period. The appointment itself may take place after expiry of the Subscription.
- The fact that your Subscription is live and the time remaining of your Subscription will be shown once you have registered for Doctor@Hand.
- You will be entitled to an unlimited number of appointments during the Subscription (subject to DCA’s fair use policy contained in the full Doctor@Hand T&Cs).
- Each appointment may be cancelled in accordance with the full Doctor@Hand T&Cs. You will not receive a refund on cancellation.
General Terms and Conditions
- The Offer may be redeemed once.
- AXA PPP healthcare reserves the right to withdraw or alter the Offer without prior notice at any time, however, this will not affect any Offers which have already been used to register for a free subscription at the time of the change.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you and AXA PPP healthcare hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is DCA.
- If you register to use Doctor@Hand, DCA will disclose some information to the AXA PPP Group as set out below.
- To allow AXA PPP Group companies to check you are happy with Doctor@Hand, for analytical purposes and to assist AXA PPP Group companies in improving their products, processes and services, DCA may share with AXA PPP Group companies:
(a) the fact you have registered and/or subscribed to use Doctor@Hand; and
(b) if you are no longer registered and/or subscribed to use Doctor@Hand.
- DCA will not share with any company within the AXA PPP Group whether or not you have booked an appointment nor any information shared with the DCA doctor during the appointment unless, where appropriate, you explicitly consent to DCA or the DCA doctor sharing this information in order to facilitate an application for benefit with a member of the AXA PPP Group where further medical information may be required to confirm your eligibility for benefit.
- The information referred to in clause 24 will not be used by any company within the AXA PPP Group to adversely impact your current or future insurance underwriting, premium or cover eligibility.
- If you have previously given your consent, for your information to be used for marketing purposes by members of the AXA Group, AXA PPP healthcare may use information shared with it by DCA, for marketing purposes. If you change your mind, you can tell the AXA PPP healthcare not to use your information for marketing purposes by following any unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting AXA PPP healthcare.
- DCA will make audio and video recordings of your appointment for clinical governance purposes which will be treated as confidential and will be held strictly in accordance with, and as long as required, under UK regulatory codes of practice on records management. These recordings will not be made available to any other party including any AXA PPP Group company without your consent.
- Whilst DCA may strongly encourage you to inform your GP of any health concerns you may have discussed with DCA, DCA will not share information with your GP unless DCA has your express permission or there is an overriding public interest in disclosing the information without your consent. This is in accordance with the General Medical Council's guidance which may from time-to-time change.
- DCA may share aggregated anonymised data with third parties, including the AXA PPP Group, in order to monitor Doctor@Hand and ensure a consistent quality and safety of Doctor@Hand to patients.
- DCA may use and may share with the AXA PPP Group anonymised comments, feedback and testimonials left on the Platform or in patient surveys for marketing and service monitoring purposes.